This website is a space to collect words, pictures and sounds.
I currently post to the blog here on this site, to Instagram and SoundCloud. See below for some history.
Words and pictures from the past…
She’s Taking Notes 2011-2018
- Middle age November 10, 2018desert of my lifethere were things I never meantto take root in spite
- An education November 10, 2018Thechildrenscribble onthe bathroom walls,and a nation tucks its guns into bed.
- Forever give me sadness any day November 8, 2018To my right, “they have good coleslaw.”From across the table, “it’s chopped instead of shredded, that’s why.”A minute later to my left, “they have good coleslaw here.”And farther down, “yes, it’s the best coleslaw in town.”It continued like this awhile longer,the buzz of hearing aids, the comfort of repetitionand appreciation of ordinary things.I think of […]
- Serve me up, piece by piece November 4, 2018serve me up, piece by piecewhat good am I to myselftake my hand and write the words that will untether hearts and mindstake my feet and lead the refugees out of war, furthermoretake my arms, open themtake my shoulders and lift the young women above the oppression experienced by their mothers and grandmotherstake my head […]
- A Tetractys June 11, 2018Rawstickyhoneycombbetween your teeth,and honey flows from the warmth of your mouth.A prompt from http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/06/fussy-little-forms-tetractys.html
- Queen Mary June 2, 2018We made love on a haunted ship, leaning out the porthole under a full moon on Halloween.Ten years later, I remember your laugh.It's the warmest sound in the world, happy, sleepy and sometimes high.My heart feels like your bedroom candle, the one made of psychedelic colorsthat melted down the side of the dresser and swirled into a pool […]
- I think about the smell of the earth May 20, 2018I think about the smell of the earthoften in the spring, scentof freshly fertilized fieldswafting softly over morning dew.My nose instinctively crinkles and my emotions turn instinctively annoyed,but I let the fertilized earth fill my lungs and I am filled with loveand a sense of protection over this place.The smell of the earth reminds meof […]
- Slipping May 14, 2018We're slipping awayI saidyour face told me to elaborate.Away from whatI don't knowfrom where we came.I have amnesiaevery daya different day but maybe not.Suspended in jellymy slow thoughtsfollow my tendons visibly moving under my skin.I am made of puppetsyou saidI don't understand.This jelly is redseepingI don't understand my pores.Breathingthe world into my skull I am […]
- Elegy May 6, 2018Writing, rewritingan elegyalmost dailymakes her feel more real to melike back in ninety threewe were so sillyalways laughingour future planningyears together spanningstill now I'm weepingsweeping, piecingtogether broken feelingsof someone gone but never dead to metrying to find the remedytoo blind to ever seethe love in front of me
- Inverted landscape April 26, 2018But if I could justcup the base of your neck in my handand pull you to meet me, breath to breathyour mouth to mineI might be able to experience youall of you at once, instead of in pieces.But only after we sharea cup of loose-leaf tea and gentle smirks.Can we float outside these walls, hand […]
Facebook Archive 2007-2020
After 13 years I decided to delete my Facebook account. As I found it becoming a more negative space, I tried joining more positive-minded groups, but it wasn’t enough to combat the negativity I felt each time I visited. So I downloaded and archived all of my posts here. Since Facebook archives everything in a single, very very very long page, the following button opens the page in a new browser tab so hopefully it can load a little better.